:: Website :: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
complete noob....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
m@rvin

Post subject: complete noob....
Hello fellas...

Been browing the webbie and am liking what I see. The mods look mental keep up the good work

Right brown nosing over angel

I'm wondering if you can assist me in my plight? I have downloaded and installed the meta mod and also the gore mod to add to my server

I'm having a few problems and after about 5 days of head scratching i don't seem to be any further along.

Now I have ftp acces to a rented server off efrag, have tried to install both mods to the serverto no avail. i'm of the understanding that I need meta to enable the gore mod am i correct?

If so can you tell me where i am going wrong... I used the meta mod installer so it would install it's self directly to my ftp files i also extracted the gore mod to my desktop, i then dropped the folder into my cstrike folder lookes as though everything is in the right place smartftp say transfer complete but after restarting my server my console will not recognise and commands relating to either gore or meta... it either ignores it or bring up unknown command....

Please help I've only had ftp acces to this since steams last update as i volentered to help... i would love to get this mod working but i seem to be suffering brain ache.... I'm sure i'm missing summin really simple but any help to point me in the right direction would be most appreciated....

Thanks fellas... Sorry for the life story... M@rvin..
PostTue Dec 13, 2005 6:21 pm
Jay

Post subject:
Ok

Make sure cstrike/addons/metamod/bin/server.dll is there (or _i486.so).
Now, make sure cstrike/addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini contains the line..

addons/goremod/bin/goremod_mm

Lastly, check your gameinfo.txt file, and make sure the following line is before the Game lines..

GameBin |gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin

If its a windows listen server, they seem to be having some trouble with the game over writing gameinfo.txt, make it read only if that is the case.

Let me know how you progress.
PostFri Dec 30, 2005 4:56 pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    c0ld.net Forum Index -> GoreMod All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: