:: Website :: Home :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Hard Drive failure.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay

Post subject: Hard Drive failure.
Hey everyone.
I come bearing bad news.
This evening 5pm GMT, one of my Western Digital Raid 0 Hard Disks failed. The fact that its raid 0, also means that my second 160GB Hd is b0rked too.

Bearing in mind the fact that in my entire life, I have never ever backed up anything, yet still have programs I wrote in the early 90's, says alot about how I am going to be able to handle the time consuming task I have ahead of me.

Dell were no help at all, sure I can have a free HD but what good does that do ??
So, right now I am installing Windows on an IDE hard disk in the hopes of recovering at least some of my 320 GB data bomb, i will let everyone know as soon as I do wether or not my CS:S project files are savable.

But to be honest, my biggest worry right now is for the 40 something unreleased VB Utilities which I have yet been unable to locate.

Dell can lick my nuts, from reading into this problem, it has come to my attention that Dell computers HD's fail within the first 9 months of purchase, and whatdya know ? I bought mine bang on 9 months ago ..... go figure.
PostTue Dec 06, 2005 12:49 am
Post new topic   Reply to topic    c0ld.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: